At F Bar Taxidermy, we want your specimen to remain beautiful for as long as possible. If you need advice about taxidermy trophy care, we're here to help. The general care information listed on this page will help you care for most trophies and mounts, with the exception of life-sized mounts.
For information on cleaning larger mounts and more tips on taxidermy trophy care, please call our workshop in Canyon, TX.
Taxidermy mount care can be tricky. That's why we've compiled this list of suggestions for you to reference when caring for your mounts and trophies.
- DO: Clean your mount with a static duster and mild cleaners.
- DON'T: Use harsh chemicals or spray anything directly onto your mount.
- DO: Display your mount in a temperature-controlled room.
- DON'T: Display your mount near a heat source or in direct sunlight.
- DO: Clean your mount's eyes with a dampened cotton swab.
- DON'T: Attempt to clean the painted areas around the mount's eyes.
- Be extra careful when attempting to clean larger mounts, as they may require special care techniques. To learn more about life-size taxidermy mount care, call 806-382-4577 now.